Shell Scheme exhibition stands
The perfect way to exhibit without the commitment
get your free exhibition stand design today
A shell scheme is the perfect way to get your business seen and dip your toe into the water when it comes to exhibiting.
There are essentially three types of exhibition stand and shell schemes are the most cost-effective of the lot. With a smaller exhibition space, you can make an impact without remortgaging.
As exhibition designers, we know the tips and tricks to maximise the space and manage your stand so you can focus on networking and promoting your brand.
We work with hundreds of clients from start-ups to large corporations. We know that for smaller businesses their exhibition stand is a big investment that needs to deliver. We also know you might not be an exhibiting expert and we’re ready to guide you through the process whilst making it fun and creative.
What is a shell scheme?
Essentially, the exhibition hall will partition areas of their exhibition hall using an aluminium framework and panels, to create shell scheme stands of various sizes. When you book a shell scheme you are booking one of these areas.
Your package will include carpet, lighting, ceiling and power and that’s it. You will need to organise how you dress it.
Who is suitable for?
- Start-ups and small businesses
- Businesses looking to dip their toe into exhibiting before coming to a space-only stand
- Businesses exhibiting on a tight budget
Already booked your stand? Here’s what to do next
Write a good brief and share it with us! It’s never too early to get the process underway. A thorough brief will ensure the process is as stress-free as possible and that every decision is well considered. Get tips from our experts on how to write a brief with a handy download guide.
Start preparing for your exhibition with a checklist. This will ensure your processes internally are shipshape and you can keep track of your project minute by minute.
give your exhibition stand the competitive advantage
New to exhibiting? Here’s what you need to know
Shell schemes are the most common type of stand. They are a uniform way in which exhibition organisers put together designated spaces for exhibitors.
- The structure is standardised and the space you are offered shell schemes by metre breaks – hence why you will be offered 2.x3m, 4x3m, 6x2m etc.
- Depending on where you book, your stand will have 1, 2 or 3 sides
- It is worth noting that you cannot simply remove a wall to open up your space – your neighbouring exhibitor will not be impressed – always ensure the space you book works for the ideas and budget you have in mind
- As part of your package, your space will come with carpet, lighting and power. It is worth considering whether the allocated 500w watts of power will be enough to run what you want
Useful articles to read before you start:
Have you considered hiring your exhibition stand?
Do you like the idea of a custom exhibition but don’t think you can afford it? You can hire an exhibition stand, which is perfect for anyone who exhibits infrequently, wants to do a one-off exhibition or is located outside of the UK – in which case, you might be more familiar with exhibition booths!
Hiring part or all of your stand is a great way to have the wow factor without the storage headache or worry about reusing your stand to get the best out of your investment.
Relax, the Motive team have it covered
We can help guide you through best practices when it comes to creating visuals and graphics for your stand and have plenty of ideas on how to create the perfect environment to showcase your products and services no matter how small the space.
We take your ideas and transform them with our expertise into showstopping reality
From your initial ideas through to installation, you will have a dedicated manager and team with you every step of the way
Arrive at a perfect stand and when you are at the end of the exhibition, you can leave it all behind without a care in the world. We make sure the entire process is seamless.
See your stand in our workshop before the final installation and step onto your exhibition stand with complete peace of mind. Oh, and we’ll manage all your paperwork so you’re free from risk assessments!
download our guide to exhibiting
Get in touch
Please don’t hesitate to contact us to discuss how we can help make your exhibition really pop with some exciting graphics to draw in visitors and showcase your brand.
What are the pros and cons of a shell scheme?
A shell stand is a great way to exhibit if you are making the ‘step up’ from pop-up graphics or this is your first foray into a large scale exhibition. The only limitation with this space is your imagination! Restricted by size but not creativity.
You can easily store your graphics yourself but if you’re tight on space (for a charge), we can store your shell scheme exhibition stand graphics for you.
- Do it on a budget and you’ll disappear into a busy exhibition hall where everyone is out to get prospects interested in their products or services.
- Your space is predetermined.
- You cannot exceed the maximum height of 2.4m
Unless you book a corner plot, you will be mid aisle with plenty of competition around you.
How do I make my exhibition stand out to visitors?
We can help to create a showstopping stand that will get you noticed. Here are some top tips to help when planning your stand:
- Always use clear, simple graphics that are designed with the target audience in mind and resonate with them
- Ask the question of what extra value does your stand bring to visitors - for example, a guest speaker giving free advice to your prospective customers
- Make it clear what your business offers to your customers
- Ensure you have good marketing and awareness before the exhibition
- Give products or existing customers a reason to visit
- People attract people! - generate interest by engaging customers to attract more
- Offer freebies - a free coffee, snacks, giveaways, games to play and competitions to enter
- Avoid having too much copy, fussy graphics and multiple messages as they do not lure people onto a stand to read further and make it hard work to understand what you offer and what’s in it for them immediately
Looking for more shell scheme ideas?
What are the most effective ways to layout my exhibition?
Good planning and working with experts! Working with specialists on your stand can bring new ideas, introduce you to different ways to tell your story on your stand and take the guesswork out of it. The layout out of your stand will depend on what you are showcasing and the space you have booked.