Our comprehensive guide to exhibiting at LAMMA SHOW 2022
11-12 January 2022, NEC Birmingham
LAMMA is taking place at the usual time of year in 2022 as it was postponed to May in 2021 due to the pandemic. It will take over 11 halls of the NEC with manufacturers, dealers and distributors showcasing new products, exciting technology, equipment, services and techniques across arable, dairy, livestock, horticulture, poultry, pig and other types of farming.
It is a fantastic opportunity to launch new equipment and products as it is the largest exhibition in UK farming and is attended by dealers and distributors with purchasing power. Staged at the NEC in Birmingham, there is ample opportunity for companies to showcase new products with plenty of space to wow exhibition visitors.
The exhibition stats from the 2020 show demonstrate that 98% exhibitors made new contacts with 77% selling on-site.
The event also boasts wide-spread media coverage in over 67 agricultural titles across a key audience.
68% of attendees are main decision makers or farm influencers
With over 700 exhibitors there are many big names such as JCB, Kubota, Drone Ag and Valtra through to smaller brands.
Need a price for your LAMMA 2022 exhibition stand?
About Birmingham NEC
Motive Exhibitions – our opinion
We have built and dismantled stands for dozens of businesses who have chosen to exhibit at the Birmingham NEC. Along with ExCel, London, it is one of the best known exhibition sites in the country and easy to get to as it is equidistant from all areas of the UK.
As the exhibition halls are large, it tends to host the larger exhibitions so the key thing here is to get noticed as the trade shows attract a large number of exhibitors. At Motive Exhibitions, we have exhibited numerous times here and we know the tips and tricks to get even the smallest brands noticed in a sea of exhibitors. A great advantage of the NEC is that all the stands are on the main show floor so the footfall is fantastic for making connections and building your brand recognition.
Birmingham is now a central hub for exhibitions and as such, boasts a huge range of hotels and restaurants across a whole spectrum of budgets so is a very attractive place to attend trade fairs for delegates.
We have built and dismantled stands for dozens of businesses who have chosen to exhibit at the Birmingham NEC.
- Easy to get to as the most central point of the UK
- Well known venue so will attract a lot of footfall from potential customers
- Free parking for exhibitors and builders during build and breakdown
- Free shuttle bus between car parks and exhibition halls
- Perfect if you have large machinery you want to showcase, as the NEC has the space and logistics to manage it
- Huge floorspace with all stands on the main show floor thoroughfare so lots of face-to-face opportunities
- Free Wi-Fi access to exhibitors and exhibition visitors
- A mix of stand space available to book from space only to flexible shell schemes
- Huge range of hotel rooms to suit any budget available close to the exhibition halls
- It is fairly expensive
- As with most exhibition spaces, you must book early particularly if you want a large space to showcase a large product
- There are no storage facilities available at the venue, so you will have to organise a separate space for storing packing cases etc. if needed
- Logistics – you will need to bring your own trollies, pump trucks or porters to move equipment if you are not using an exhibition company as the venue does not hire them
- As the space is huge and mostly used by large trade fairs and shows, it is possible that smaller brands could be overlooked but with clever stand design and a good exhibition company behind you, it is still possible to make a splash
“Organising an exhibition at the Stoneleigh exhibition centre on top of my day to day workload had the potential to create a lot of stress/worry so I reached out to Motive to support with the logistics. The team at Motive were brilliant and helped us all the way through the process wherever they could, they made us a stand that grabbed attention for our targets and all for an affordable budget. On the day of the event, the team couldn’t have done more to support where possible – I’d highly recommend their work & the team at Motive for any future event”
Lily Cockerill, IPL Global
The first thing you need to do is to decide what you want to achieve and weigh this up against the cost of exhibiting. With floor space somewhere between £250m2 and an eye watering £1250m2, you really want to get this nailed.
The first question we’d ask you is, do you know who your customer actually is? Work out who you want to talk to and what you want from the show. Is it 50 great new leads? Or selling £20,000 pounds worth of widgets? Or meeting 10 people who place orders? Whatever it is, you must have a number, a way of measuring, a target. You might not hit it at the first show, but unless you know what you are aiming for you will never really know whether it was a success.
You will need to budget for the stand space and the exhibition stand itself. Sure, your team can take a cheap roller banner and some table clothes along with a few old bits of furniture that you’ve got in the office, but is that the lasting memory you’d like prospective customers to have? If you decide to exhibit and pay for space, it is important that you make the most of it as you will have a much better chance of hitting your targets and getting everything you want from exhibiting.
Every exhibition stand we create is completely bespoke and designed around your prospective customers. We work with you to create an inspiring and unique experience that will connect people with your brand. We optimise clever designs to create immersive experiences and spaces to meet and greet, which are tailored to your budget and needs.
Let us transform your ideas into an inspirational exhibition space!
How to write the perfect exhibition brief
When you decide to exhibit, you will need to make some key decisions before you start the process of designing your exhibition stand. We’ve worked with growing SMEs, specialist brands and household names who were all in the position you are now. In our article we share the details that make the difference between a good exhibition and a truly spectacular one. Download our guide to get all the information you’ll need to get your brief underway.
Do you have any other clients exhibiting at LAMMA 2022?
Yes we do. Two regular clients have engaged us to design and build their stand for LAMMA 2022.
Building multiple stands at one venue is beneficial for us and our clients. We have a bigger workforce onsite, extra tools and project management teams. It also reduces the carbon emissions with one large team and less vehicles.
How much do exhibition stands cost?
Several factors will influence the cost of your exhibition stand:
- Size of the space you have booked
- Whether you anticipate your event to be a one-off exhibition or whether you need an exhibition stand you can reuse and reconfigure multiple times for different venues
- What do you want to achieve from exhibiting?
- We will collaborate with you to establish a plan and design and work with your budget
What types of exhibition stands are there?
There are lots of different types of exhibition stands including modular exhibition stands, shell scheme stands and pop-up displays.
Modular exhibition trade show stands
Either referenced as exhibitions or trade shows. A modular stand is an exhibition system comprising different blocks that can be reconfigured to fit different exhibition spaces, without compromising on the graphics.
Looking for an exhibition space without sides? You need an Island site – as the name suggests it has no sides and usually you can walk around every side.
Shell scheme exhibition stand
A shell scheme refers to the preassigned space that you are allocated by the exhibition organisers. This is a completely blank canvas ready for you to plan and create your exhibition space.
Follow us on social media
Get in touch
If you are not sure which type of stand might be best for your needs, please get in touch and we will be happy to talk through all the options available to you.